I think that music that is taught in university should consist just as much of 18th century western music as music from other cultures. Music has changed and evolved so much since that period, that it is not accurate to say that the theory of 18th century western music directly relates to music of North American music today any more than that of other cultures. The only reason that someone may claim that is does, is because that is what is taught in schools as objective fact, which leads to the quote from the website. Something that is really important to remember is that music is art. There is no objective “right answer” to any question, which is something that I think gets forgotten in music education. This of course makes sense, because in education and learning environments, there has to be a sort of right or wrong answer in some capacity, but I think that it does end up contributing to the white racial frame of music theory. I think what we currently learn as “music theory” should be taught not as “the way music is”, but as one viewpoint that musicians had. For example, I have studied a decent amount of theatre and acting, and in my experience acting technique is taught by learning about many different methods and schools of thought, none of which are presented as being more correct than another, and then applying what works individually. I think that this could work the same way for music theory and music history. Students would spend equal amounts of time learning about different thoughts about music theory, from different cultures and different eras. I think this would work towards dismantling white supremacy in music, as well as strengthening students as musicians and artists, because I think it would allow for more actual thought and creativity.